Sunday, December 1, 2013

The right haircut/hairstyle for your face shape

Never thought that there can be a relation between face shapes and a haircuts/hairstyles. I always wondered why some hair cut looked flattering on my face and some didn't. I have come across an interesting article right hairstyle for your Face shape and would like to share with you.

Please note I am not an expert in haircuts/styles. I am still trying to find out the right haircuts/hairstyles that suits my face and stick to it. I am sharing this article as I find it interesting. The details are from thehairstyler.com. I did tried one of the cuts/style for my face shape once and it did look flattering on my face.

There are different face shapes and for each shape certain hairstyles/cuts looks flattering.


The idea is that haircut/style should balance the face shape. so, for example, I have a Triangular face (narrow forehead and wide jaw line) and medium hair length, so my haircut should have volume at  the crown and it should be tapering near the jaw line.

You can look at the mirror and find out your face shape or you can watch the video Find your face shape, measurements

Once you found out your face shape click on links below for more information on haircuts/styles that will look flattering on your face.

Oval

Triangular

Oblong

Round

Diamond

Heart

Square

For men, I did find an article The right hair cut for your face shape. Although I don't understand men haircuts. Check it out and see if its useful for you. Do leave a comment about your view on the article.

Please leave a comment if you feel this article was helpful. If you have any other information do share with us in the comments below. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment