Monday, December 2, 2013

My struggle with Curly/wavy hair

There is a saying that "grass on other side is always green".  Mostly people with straight hair loves curly/wavy hair and vice versa.

Althought I love my curly/wavy hair, but whoever has curly hair will know my pain. Its hard to maintain people. I get frizzy hair easily. It can be sometimes ... well most of the time hard to manage. I tried n number of products. I even got my hair permanently straightened (rebonding). It worked for 6 months after that it was a problem to manage my half straight half curly/wavy hair :(((( It also looked weird.

I mostly end up flat ironing my hair. But do love to wear my hair naturally sometimes when I don't have the time to flat iron or get lazy. I mostly use drugstore products. 

Following are my current favorite products for curly/wavy hair style:

1) Shampoo & Conditioner
 I use Herbal Essence hello hydration moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to wash my hair.   

2) Deep Conditioner
 I use Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner once a week.

4) Leave In conditioner
After I towel dry my hair , I use Suave keratin infusion heat defense leave in conditioner on my hair.

3) Wide tooth comb
I then comb my hair with a wide tooth comb. 

5) Mousse
Mousse make my hair easy to manage. I use Herbal Essence Tousling Mousse and scrunch my hair.  I love this mousse. Only problem it tangles my hair later, I need to be careful when I comb my hair latter. For more information on how to scrunch hair watch video  3 ways to scrunch hair

6) Heat Protecting
I always use some heat protectant like Aussie heat protecting before drying my hair with a dryer.

7) Diffuser
 I use a diffuser that can be attached to a dryer to dry my curly hair. diffusers are also sold separately.

8) Shine Serum
I then apply Suave keratin infusion smooth & shine serum on my hair with light hands avoiding the roots.

9) Hair Spray
 I spray Aussie instant freeze hair spray on my hair to hold my curls for long.

If you missed article on right hair cut for your face shape do check out The right haircut/hairstyle for your face shape

If the above information was helpful please leave a comment below. If you follow a different routine for your curly/wavy hairs, do share with us in the comments below. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment