Monday, November 25, 2013

My Night time skin care routine

Although my grandma and mom had/has beautiful skin, poor me I didn't inherited any of it.
I am in my 30s and am still prone to acne, have uneven skin tone and lately could see fine lines on my forehead :(

Its so much important to take care of your skin at night. I have combination/oily skin. After years of trying out products,  below is the list of items that have finally worked for me to keep my acne in control and fading the fine lines. Its a simple routine with just 4 products.

Please note: if you have acute acne problem, the below will not work. You need to get help from a dermatologist asap. Don't keep trying products on your own. I am saying this from my personel experience. Ok back to my routine .....


This night time skin care routine has become a habit now and if I don't do it at night , seriously you guys I don't get sleep. Ok so here you go:

1) To remove my makeup/ daily moisturizer that I wear at daytime , I use Jojoba oil. This oil you can get in Traders Joe, Mothers Market and sprouts. I am sure you can get in other stores also. I swear by this oil, it removes any kind of makeup be it waterproof. I massage a small amount of the oil on my face, eyes and neck for sometime and with a cotton pad wipe out all dirt.

2) Next I follow with washing my face with mild cleanser like cetephil. This you get in any drugstore.

3) Once my face is clean, I use Palmer skin therapy oil and thats it for my face.

4) I like nivea body lotion for hand and legs.

Tada.... And thats it. Simple right :) I have tried so many products- drugstore/ departmental .... Sadly nothing worked for me.

Leave a comment if this information was helpful to you. If anything else works for you do share in the comments below. Would love to try it out.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I also read and heard about Palmer's skin therapy oil. I bought it and use, but unfortunately didnt work for me. Only used for 5 days and got severe acne...:( Its been more than a month, still getting a new pimple almost every other day!!!
    I am so mad on myself right now.!!
    Have any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest get it checked by a good dermatologist. See Yelp reviews for finding a good one near you. My dermatologist has prescribed me DUAC tropical gel. It worked wonders for me when I followed instructions properly. Also, I found that scrubbing my face with any scrubbing cream aggravated my acne. Once your skin is clear try following my night time routine.

    ReplyDelete