Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Invisalign for straightening teeth- My Review

I was always conscious of my teeth while talking/laughing. They were misaligned since my childhood. Although none of my family member nor my husband had problems and its not that I was embarrassed or something but it was definitely lowering my confidence level. 

I thought of using the wired/metal braces but was not sure if I could go to office wearing those. I would look funny. Those I feel were good for school/college going kids. Then I read about Invisalign in a magazine. The first thing I saw was the money involved and I was reluctant to even get more details from a dentist. It costs about $2000+. I left it at that.


Then one fine day me and my husband had to visit a dentist for a tooth fillup. Their we saw Invisalign promotional banners. I consulted the dentist about it. The way she explained how it works got me to think to try it.  Again the same question came to me 2000$ how I am going to spend. I discussed with my husband and he convinced me that I deserve to spend that much, he told me that I have been working since a long time, I do save money and don't spend on unnecessary things, he also showed me some calculations of how I have saved money over the years by doing all household chores/cleaning on my own.... etc. He is so sweet :)
With his support, I started Invisalign last year. I had to wear alignment trays for almost a year. After a year now I feel so much more confident. It works and has made a huge difference for me. I will try to get some before and after pictures of my teeth from my dentist and will post it.

More details can be found at www.invisalign.com

Few important points:
  • The cost of Invisalign is $2000+. But finance is available and that amount can be paid in installments. 
  • The duration for which you have to wear the alignment trays varies depending on your teeth problems.
  • At the start 3-D image of your teeth will be taken and will be send to Invisalign. They will analyze and send your dentist  sets of custom aliment trays for you. You will have to change trays every 2 weeks.
  • You will have to visit you dentist every 3-4 weeks.
  • Painful, yes a bit for sometime the first time you wear your new set of trays. I think its with any kind of teeth straightening method.
  • You can see the difference within 2 weeks.
  • You can go to office wearing those and no one will know. The trays are transparent.
  • You need to remove the trays to eat and drink except for water. Its easy.
  • You might have to wear retainers after 1 year for sometime.

Please consult your dentist for more information.
If you feel this information is helpful please do leave a comment. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment